- Multiple Opportunities within our Day Support Services
- Opportunities in Camberwell and Clyde North area
- Brand new service opening soon!
Able Australia is a leading provider of disability services across Tasmania, Victoria, the ACT and South East Queensland. For over 50 years we have been delivering innovative support services to people with multiple disabilities and deafblindness. As a registered provider of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), our vision is to enable the people we support to live the life they choose.
Committed to the values of Trust, Respect, Excellence and Kindness, we provide high quality supports that reflect evidence-based best practice. We strive to ensure our clients live better days, every day.
About the role
We are recruiting for exciting day services located in Camberwell and Clyde North. We are looking to recruit a number of support workers who are energetic and passionate about working one to one or in teams. If you are passionate and committed to making a difference in the lives of others, then we want to hear from you.
In this role, you will be providing active support to people with disabilities, within their home and in the community, developing skills, independence and friendships. You will be supporting and encouraging clients to participate in a range of day-to-day activities based on their hobbies, interests and goals set within their NDIS support plans.
We are looking for highly motivated people to join our existing team that strives for service excellence and supporting our clients with respect, privacy and dignity.
To be considered for one of these exciting and unique roles, you must be available at least two to three days per week, shifts will be between 8:30am - 4:00pm.
To be considered for this role, you must provide:
- Must be available at least two to three days per week shifts will be between 8:30am - 4:00pm
- Victorian Driver’s Licence (International licence and/or learners licence will not be considered)
- Access to a reliable, insured vehicle (subject to suitability assessment / screening)
- International Police Check if you have lived or worked overseas for more than one year within the last ten years
- Right to work in Australia
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Training Certificate
- Willingness to undertake check for Disability Workers Exclusion Scheme
- National police check (less than 6 months older) / willingness to obtain
- Provide First Aid & CPR / willingness to obtain
- Manual handling Certificate
- A relevant qualification in Disability, Aged Care, Individual Support, Allied Health, Mental Health or working towards it
- Training Certificate - Recognise Healthy Body Systems (HLTAAP001) and Assist Clients with Medications (HLTHPS006).
- Experience using Carelink+ or a similar client management tool
- Auslan qualifications will be highly regarded
What is in it for you?
- Opportunity to work for a growing organisation that demonstrates industry leadership
- Attractive Salary packaging benefits in addition to above award conditions (25% loading for casual staff)
- Excellent work/life balance
- Training and professional development opportunities to grow your career
- Genuinely supportive team environment including a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
If this sounds like you click on “Apply Now” and complete the online application form!
You will need to upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this job along with your skills and experience. You will be requested to upload a copy of your Victorian Driver’s Licence, Training Certificates and National Police check report.
Applications close – 9:00am Wednesday, 27 January 2020
Please be informed that we will be reviewing the applications as they come in, so please don't delay your application.
Have any more questions? Please contact Coco Qian, Community Services Lead (during the business hours 9:00am - 5:00pm) on 0407 867 552.
Please be informed that employment is conditional upon screening checks throughout employment.