Residential Services Lead / Team Lead
Job no: 492346
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Residential Services
- Work type: Permanent full time opportunity
- Location: Ipswich, Queensland
Are you looking for a Leadership role within the Disability sector? Are you willing to work for an organisation that values staff development and training? If the answer is YES, this could be the opportunity just for you!
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity in our growing organisation for a Residential Services Lead. We are looking for an exceptional individual with a strong ability to lead a diverse team and develop the service within supported independent living homes. As a Residential Service Lead, you will work alongside disability support workers to directly support participants with activities of daily living, domestic tasks, goal development and empowerment through active support.
To be successful in this role, you must feel confident working autonomously with minimal supervision and you must have willingness to learn new systems and implement change processes as required.
The hours of work will be split across direct client support hours and indirect client support hours. This split will be approximately a 50-50 split or as otherwise agreed due to client and/or business requirements.
- Demonstrated experience leading and supporting our Support Workers
- Experience with NDIS, NDIS funding and NDIS Quality and Safeguard
- Advanced Diploma or Certificate IV in Disability or similar area
- Advance computer skills including Microsoft Outlook and client management tool, such as Carelink
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written, including experience providing supervision
- Current Queensland driver’s licence. (international and / or learner licences not acceptable)
- Record of a National Police Check (issued less than 6 months ago) or a willingness to obtain one
- Record of a current First Aid Certificate or a willingness to obtain one
- Experience in disability, age-care, special education and health background will also be well regarded
- Auslan competency is desirable although not a mandatory requirement
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE TEAM AT ABLE AUSTRALIA
- Opportunity to work in a secure sector for a growing organisation that demonstrates industry leadership
- Training and professional development opportunities to grow your career
- Genuinely supportive team environment where your ideas matter
- Attractive Non-for-profit Salary packaging benefits
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on the "Apply for this job" button and complete the online application form. You will need to upload your resume and a cover letter addressing - why you are interested in this job along with your skills and experience. You will be requested to upload a copy of your Australian driver’s licence and other screening documents as per the requirement of the role.
Application close - 9:00am - Wednesday, 27 January 2021.
For any questions or more information please contact Daniel Barry, on 0409 196 023 between 9:00am – 5:00pm or via email: Daniel.Barry@ableaustralia.org.au.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon screening checks throughout the employment.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend