Are you passionate about making a real difference in the lives of people living with disability?
Able Australia is a leading provider of disability services across Tasmania, Victoria, the ACT and South East Queensland. For over 50 years we have been delivering innovative support services to people with multiple disabilities and deafblindness. As a registered provider of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), our vision is to enable the people we support to live the life they choose.
Committed to the values of Trust, Respect, Excellence and Kindness, we provide high quality supports that reflect evidence-based best practice. We strive to ensure our clients live better days, every day.
About the role
We have several exciting opportunities in our growing organisation for Residential Services Leads. The position is responsible for assisting the people we support in achieving planned, personal outcomes, which are clearly defined, measurable and regularly reviewed within the context of the individual’s requirements. This includes, but is not limited to the implementation of skill development, social and recreational activities, under limited supervision either individually, or as part of a team in the delivery of individualised disability services; the supervision or provision of a wide range of personal care services to the people we support. These services may involve components of person-centred active support plans, health care plans, mental health care plans and positive behaviour support plans.
The hours of work will be split across direct client support hours and indirect client support hours. This split will be approximately a 50-50 split or as otherwise agreed due to client and/or business requirement.
Skills and experience required to be successful in this role:
- Be available to be rostered for flexible hours/shifts
- Tertiary, graduate or post graduate qualification in relevant field (Community /Disability /Individual Support /Age-care)
- Have highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Have advance computer skills (MS Office, iPads and other systems (e.g. Carelink)
- Current Victorian drivers license and an access to reliable, registered, and insured vehicle
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Highly developed emotional intelligence
- Solid leadership capability with experience leading a team of support workers
- Experience in age-care, special education and health background will also be well regarded
- A relevant qualification in Disability, Aged Care, Individual Support, Allied Health, Mental Health or working towards it
- Experience using Carelink+ or a similar client management tool
- Practical experience using Auslan will be highly regarded
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work for a growing organisation that demonstrates industry leadership
- Warm and genuinely supportive team environment
- Training and professional development opportunities to grow your career
- Warm, caring and genuinely supportive team environment including a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Attractive Salary packaging benefits
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY NOW button and complete the online application form. You will need to upload your resume, cover letter and Victorian driver’s license.
Applications will be review regular, please don't delay.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon screening checks throughout employment.
If you have any particular question regarding the position or need to find out more, get in touch with Lauren Palma, Regional Operations Manager on 03 9046 0559.
Able Australia embraces diversity and encourages applications from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, members of LGBTQI community, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage and people off all abilities to apply.