Job no: 492381
Work type: Permanent
Location: Hobart, Dowsing Point
Categories: After Hours, Residential Services, TAC
Are you looking for a senior role within the Disability sector? Do you want to work for an organisation that values staff development and training? If the answer is yes, this could be the opportunity just for you!
ABOUT ABLE AUSTRALIA
Established 50 years ago Able Australia have grown from providing help to the deafblind community, into an innovative and diverse organisation with varied service offerings. Our mission is to build on our heritage and empower the individuals we support to reach their potential by living our values of trust, kindness, respect and excellence every day. We strive to provide the best quality care in a long term partnership with our clients and their loved ones, achieving ‘Better Days Every Day’.
About the role
The Area Manager is responsible for delivery and continuous improvement of high quality person-centered service to clients aligned to Able Australia’s Vision, Mission and Values. The role is responsible for portfolios across Able accommodation and will report to the Regional Operations Manager, Tasmania.
Key focus areas for this role include:
- Service Excellence
- People Leadership and Management
- Business & Financial Management
- Risk & Workplace Health & Safety
- Incident Management
- Quality & Continuous Improvement
- You will have sound understanding of NDIS and how to best maximise outcomes for clients
- Your experience within the disability, relevant NFP sector will be key to supporting the delivery of quality programs
- You will be an expert in developing and managing high performance teams and positively leading successful change
- You will have well-developed communication skills and able to understand and manage financial budgets
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in disability services, management, age-care, special education or health services
- Working knowledge of the disability or mental health sector or related field
What we offer:
- Dynamic, positive team environments where your ideas matter
- Attractive Not For Profit Salary Packaging Benefits
Please submit your cover letter, resume and selection criteria. . The Position Description can be obtained from our website https://ableaustralia.org.au/get-involved/current-vacancies/.
Close date – 9:00am Friday, 14 May 2021
For any further questions please contact Bradley Van de Kamp, Regional Operations Manager on 0417 868 333
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon screening checks and training throughout employment.
Able Australia embraces diversity and encourages applications from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, members of LGBTQI community, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage and people off all abilities to apply.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend