Transition Care Program - Disability Project Lead
Job no: 492499
Work type: Fixed term/Temp
Categories: Quality and NDIS Residential
Are you looking to revolutionise support for people with a disability?
Able Australia is a leading provider of disability services across Tasmania, Victoria, the ACT and South East Queensland. For over 50 years we have been delivering innovative support services to people with multiple disabilities and deafblindness. We are partnering with Victorian Public Health Services across Melbourne to develop an innovative transition model for clients requiring NDIS supports.
We are committed to the values of Trust, Respect, Excellence and Kindness, we provide high quality supports that reflect evidence-based best practice. We strive to ensure our clients live better days, every day.
About the role
Able Australia has an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for improving short and long term options for people living with disability. This role will be developing an innovative service which allows clients awaiting NDIS decision making to wait in a non-hospital, supportive setting whilst deciding on their forever home or next step.
This includes liaising extensively with acute/sub-acute staff, assisting with knowledge transfer to management and support staff in our transitional residential setting, or for the clients who need additional supports at home. This role will also form lasting relationships with other disability providers looking to support a range of these clients.
This is a new and high-profile position within the organisation. The position is a 12-month contract role.
Candidates with previous clinical experience in hospital or disability settings will be highly regarded
As the Transition Care Program - Disability Project Lead, you will:
- Work with a team to design, implement and evaluate the Able Australia approach to TCP-D service.
- Build positive working relationships with colleagues in both Health Services and other disability providers in order to facilitate client flow and support information sharing.
- Work to lead a team to operationalise the TCP-Service in Able Australia including contributing to the realisation of the residential service growth strategy.
- Design program resources including policies, procedures and frameworks within which the program will operate.
- Design, collection and analysis of Key Performance Indictors for the program. Work with data to improve practice and support improvement discussions.
- Work with operational teams to identify issues, generate a range of solutions, select and trial agreed changes and evaluate the impact, using a quality improvement methodology.
- Prepare relevant documentation which may include project plans, timelines and reports for key initiatives.
- Present key initiatives at team meetings, at staff meetings, and to wider stakeholder groups as required.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with key staff and stakeholders through the organisation in order to support positive change.
Benefits of joining Able Australia:
- Opportunity to work for a growing organisation that demonstrates industry leadership
- Training and professional development opportunities to grow your career
- Warm, caring and genuinely supportive team environment including a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
If you are someone who is analytical, resilient and able to think critically in challenging situations who can foster positive relationships with stakeholders, we would love to hear more from you.
We will consider candidates interested in working FTE 0.6 to FTE 0.8. If you would like to read more about this role, please click the following link to read the position description: ABLE Position Description Transition Disability Program Lead.pdf
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY NOW button and complete the online application form. You will need to upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this job along with your skills and experience. You will be requested to upload a copy of your NDIS Worker Screening Check (or have a willingness to obtain one) and a copy of your Victorian Drivers License.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon screening checks throughout employment. If you have any particular question regarding the position or need to find out more, get in touch with Brydie Quinn on 0417 565 912 .
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend