Disability Support Worker - Melbourne
Job no: 493561
Work type: Casual
Categories: Residential Services, After Hours, TAC, Community Access, Communication Guides, Ablelink+ Assistive, Technology, Day Services, Therapies Rostering Casual Bank, In-home care
Are you passionate about making a real difference in the lives of people living with disability?
About Able Australia
Able Australia is a leading provider of disability services across Tasmania, Victoria, the ACT and South East Queensland. For over 50 years we have been delivering innovative support services to people with multiple disabilities and deafblindness. As a registered provider of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), our vision is to enable the people we support to live the life they choose.
Committed to the values of Trust, Respect, Excellence and Kindness, we provide high quality supports that reflect evidence-based best practice. We strive to provide the best quality care in a long-term partnership with our clients and their loved ones, achieving ‘Better Days Every Day’.
About the role
There are multiple opportunities available that are suitable for enthusiastic and caring individuals who take a person-centred approach when supporting people with disability.
In these roles, you will be providing active support to people with disabilities, within their home or out in the community to develop independence and friendships. This includes supporting and encouraging clients to participate in a range of day-to-day activities based on their hobbies, interests and goals set within their NDIS support plans. While performing the duties of this role, you will be respectful of their culture, privacy and dignity.
Candidates with previous disability experience will be highly desirable, we are also open to applications from those currently studying disability or a similar field! We will provide skills training to successful candidates to both broaden their skillset and ensure that we are offering the broadest range of best practice personal care for our clients.
At Able, our teams strive to make Better Days, Every day for our participants. If you are proactive, reliable, have a flexible approach and are passionate about supporting people with disabilities, we want to hear from you!
Skills and experience required to be successful in this role:
- Available to be rostered for flexible hours/shifts, including weekend rosters and sleepovers (Minimum 3-4 shifts per week)
- Intermediate computer skills, for example: using Microsoft Outlook, using a client management tool (CRM)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written, including an ability to write clear case notes
- Current Victorian driver’s licence
- Proof of a cleared NDIS Worker Screening Check or a willingness to obtain.
- Proof of a current First Aid Certificate or a willingness to obtain.
- A relevant qualification in Disability, Aged Care, Individual Support, Allied Health, Mental Health or currently undertaking studies
- Relevant experience in the Disability sector or similar
- Experience supporting those with mental health issues and/or trauma informed practice will be highly regarded
- Training Certificate - Recognise Healthy Body Systems (HLTAAP001) and Assist Clients with Medications (HLTHPS006) will be highly regarded
- Experience using Carelink+ or a similar client management tool
- Auslan qualifications will be highly regarded
Benefits of joining Able Australia:
- Opportunity to work for a growing organisation that demonstrates industry leadership
- Flexible shifts across our residential and community services within the South-Eastern region offering excellent work/life balance
- Training and professional development opportunities to grow your career
- Warm, caring and genuinely supportive team environment including a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Attractive Salary packaging benefits
How to apply
If you would like to join the Able Australia team please click on the APPLY NOW button and complete the online application form. You will need to upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this job along with your skills and experience.
Please click the following link to access the position description DSW Position Description.pdf
Please note, Able Australia is an inclusive equal opportunity employer and is compliant with public health orders regarding the COVID-19 Vaccine. You must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position.
Employment is conditional upon screening checks throughout employment, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: International Police Check (if applicable), NDIS Worker Screening Check, Right to Work in Australia, Victorian Employee Working with Children Check and current professional registration.
If you have any further questions regarding the position or need to find out more, get in touch with Mitch Kane, Talent Acquisition Coordinator at Mitch.Kane@ableaustralia.org.au
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend