Are you passionate about making a real difference in the lives of people living with disability?
ABOUT ABLE AUSTRALIA
Able Australia is a leading provider of disability services across Tasmania, Victoria, the ACT and South East Queensland. For over 50 years we have been delivering innovative support services to people with multiple disabilities and deafblindness. As a registered provider of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), our vision is to enable the people we support to live the life they choose.
Committed to the values of Trust, Respect, Excellence and Kindness, we provide high quality supports that reflect evidence-based best practice. We strive to provide the best quality care in a long-term partnership with our clients and their loved ones, achieving ‘Better Days Every Day’.
About the role
This role is suitable for enthusiastic and caring individuals who takes a person-centred approach when supporting people with disability. You will be empathetic, patient and passionate about supporting others to achieve their life goals.
In this role, you will be providing active support to people with disabilities, within their home or out in the community to develop independence and friendships. This includes supporting and encouraging clients to participate in a range of day-to-day activities based on their hobbies, interests and goals set within their NDIS support plans. While performing the duties of this role, you will be respectful of their culture, privacy and dignity.
Candidates with previous disability experience will be highly desirable, we are also open to applications from those currently studying disability or a similar field! We will provide skills training to successful candidates to both broaden their skillset and ensure that we are offering the broadest range of best practice personal care for our clients.
At Able, our teams strive to make Better Days, Every day for our participants. If you are proactive, reliable, have a flexible approach and are passionate about supporting people with disabilities, we want to hear from you!
Please note, these roles can include mornings, afternoons, weekends, nights (sleep over and active night shifts) and public holidays - you must be available to work these shifts to be considered for this role. Locations for these roles are in the northern suburbs of Melbourne for our residential houses as well as our Lifestyle Day Services in Northcote.
Skills and experience required to be successful in this role:
- Experience working in the Disability or Aged Care sector.
- Intermediate computer skills (ie: using Microsoft Outlook, documentation in a client management tool/CRM).
- Victorian Driver’s Licence (International licence and/or learners licence will not be considered)
- Covid Vaccination Certificate
- Access to a reliable, insured vehicle (subject to suitability assessment / screening)
- International Police Check if you have lived or worked overseas for more than one year within the last ten years
- Right to work in Australia
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Training Certificate
- National police check (less than 6 months older) / willingness to obtain
- Provide First Aid & CPR / willingness to obtain
- Manual handling Certificate
Highly regarded and desirable:
- A relevant qualification in Disability, Aged Care, Individual Support, Allied Health, Mental Health or working towards it
- Training Certificate - Recognise Healthy Body Systems (HLTAAP001) and Assist Clients with Medications (HLTHPS006).
- Experience supporting those with mental health issues and/or trauma informed practice will be highly regarded.
- Experience using Carelink+ or a similar client
At Able Australia we offer:
- Opportunity to work for a growing organisation that demonstrates industry leadership
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities to enhance your knowledge and skills.
- Warm, caring and genuinely supportive team environment including a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program.
- Continuous support and supervision to enable you to develop and progress.
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY NOW button and complete the online application form. You will need to upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this job along with your skills and experience. You will be requested to upload a copy of your NDIS Worker Screening Check (if available), Covid Vaccination certificate and your Victorian Drivers Licence.
Applications must be submitted by 5pm, Friday 29th July 2022.
‘Early applications are encouraged’
Please find the link to access the position description below:
DSW Position Description
Please note, Able Australia is an inclusive equal opportunity employer and is compliant with public health orders regarding the COVID-19 Vaccine. You must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position.
Employment is conditional upon screening checks throughout employment, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National Police Check, International Police Check (if applicable), NDIS Worker Screening Check, Right to Work in Australia, Victorian Employee Working with Children Check and current professional registration.
If you have any further questions regarding the position or need to find out more, get in touch with Christine Warren, Snr Talent Acquisition Business Partner at Christine.email@example.com