Residential Services Lead / Team Leader
Job no: 493690
Work type: Permanent
Location: Melbourne, Inner East Region - Melbourne, East Region - Melbourne, Outer East Region - Melbourne, South East Region - Melbourne
Categories: Residential Services, After Hours, TAC, Community Access, Communication Guides, Ablelink+ Assistive, Technology, Day Services, Therapies Rostering Casual Bank, In-home care
Able Australia is a leading provider of disability services across Tasmania, Victoria, the ACT and South East Queensland. For over 50 years we have been delivering innovative support services to people with multiple disabilities and deafblindness. As a registered provider of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), our vision is to enable the people we support to live the life they choose.
Committed to the values of Trust, Respect, Excellence and Kindness, we provide high quality support that reflect evidence-based best practice. We strive to provide the best quality care in a long-term partnership with our clients and their loved ones, achieving ‘Better Days Every Day’.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity in our growing organisation for a Residential Services Lead - Team Leader. We are looking for an exceptional individual with a strong ability to lead a diverse team and develop the service within a supported independent living home (SIL). In this role you will work alongside Disability Support Workers to directly support participants with activities of daily living, domestic tasks, goal development, empowerment and active support. This role has a 50/50 approach to both administration time and direct Client support. This role will cover 2 sites at Croydon and Waverley, and is a permanent Full Time position working Monday to Friday.
The successful applicant must possess empathy, enthusiasm and self-motivation to enrich the lives of the people we support in a nurturing environment along with the below listed skills and experience.
To succeed in this role you will be experienced in engaging with persons with a disability and their families, third-party service providers, health professionals, advocates and government agencies. You have experience reviewing and managing Client related documentation, including person-centred plans, allied health & behaviour support plans and incident and feedback reporting.
As a leader and mentor, you are committed to inclusion, the delivery of high quality services for people with a disability and respect the rights of all individuals.
You value diversity and positively engage with diversity.
Skills and experience required to be successful in this role:
- Certificate IV in Disability or relevant qualification in a similar field or willingness to acquire.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading small teams and the demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership.
- Computer literate.
- An understanding of client programming and person-centred active support models.
- High level written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to develop collaborative relationships and gain trust and respect.
- Outcomes focused along with a professional and values driven attitude.
- Advanced time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to understand and manage financial budgets.
- NDIS Worker Screening Check.
- Current VIC driver’s licence.
- Current Covid-19 Vaccination or medical exemption.
Highly regarded and desirable:
- Experience in the disability industry.
- Understanding of the NDIS and relevant State and Commonwealth legislation / regulation relevant to Service Delivery.
- Data literate and the ability to analyse, monitor and report data and information.
At Able Australia we offer:
- Opportunity to work for a growing organisation that demonstrates industry leadership.
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits.
- Access to AbleRewards, our brand new benefits, recognition and wellness program
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities to enhance your knowledge and skills.
- Warm, caring and genuinely supportive team environment including a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program.
- Continuous support and supervision to enable you to develop and progress.
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY NOW button and complete the online application form. You will need to upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this role along with your skills and experience. You will be requested to upload a copy of your Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) clearance and your VIC Drivers Licence.
Applications must be submitted by 5PM on Friday 2nd September 2022.
Please find below the link to view the Position Description:
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION
Please note, Able Australia is an inclusive equal opportunity employer and is compliant with public health orders regarding the COVID-19 Vaccine. You must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position.
Employment is conditional upon screening checks throughout employment, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National Police Check, International Police Check (if applicable) Right to Work in Australia, Employee Working with Children Check and current professional registration.
If you have any further questions regarding the position or would like to find out more, please call or email Lauren Palma at firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend