Both Permanent and Casual opportunities are available at our Day Service center in Camberwell.
ABOUT ABLE AUSTRALIA
Able Australia is a leading provider of disability services across Tasmania, Victoria, the ACT and South East Queensland. For over 50 years we have been delivering innovative support services to people with multiple disabilities and deafblindness. As a registered provider of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), our vision is to enable the people we support to live the life they choose.
Committed to the values of Trust, Respect, Excellence and Kindness, we provide high quality supports that reflect evidence-based best practice. We strive to provide the best quality care in a long-term partnership with our clients and their loved ones, achieving ‘Better Days Every Day’.
About the Opportunities
Due to exciting growth at Able Australia we have many new opportunities at our day services program located in Camberwell. A Disability Support Worker at Able Australia is an enthusiastic and caring individual who takes a person-centred approach when supporting people with disability. You will be empathetic, patient and passionate about supporting others to achieve their life goals.
In this role, you will be providing active support to people with disabilities, within their home and in the community, developing skills, independence and friendships. You will be supporting and encouraging clients to participate in a range of day-to-day activities based on their hobbies, interests and goals set within their NDIS support plans.
The role can be incredibly rewarding as you can enrich the lives of others, improve their access to the community and get to be part of their journey.
We are looking for highly motivated people to join our team that strives for service excellence and supporting our clients with respect, privacy and dignity.
Skills and experience required to be successful in this role:
- Must be available at least two to three days per week shifts will be between 8:30am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday.
- Intermediate computer skills (ie: using Microsoft Outlook, documentation in a client management tool/CRM).
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate in line with government mandates
- Right to work in Australia
- NDIS Workers Screening Check / willingness to obtain
- Provide First Aid & CPR / willingness to obtain
Highly regarded and desirable:
- Experience working in the Disability or Aged Care sector.
- A relevant qualification in Disability, Aged Care, Individual Support, Allied Health, Mental Health or working towards it
- Training Certificate - Recognise Healthy Body Systems (HLTAAP001), Assist Clients with Medications (HLTHPS006) and Manual Handling
- Experience supporting those with mental health issues and/or trauma informed practice will be highly regarded.
- Experience using Carelink+ or a similar client
At Able Australia we offer:
- Opportunity to work for a growing organisation that demonstrates industry leadership
- Access to AbleRewards, our brand new benefits, recognition and wellness program
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities to enhance your knowledge and skills
- Warm, caring and genuinely supportive team environment including a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Attractive Salary packaging benefits
- Continuous support and supervision to enable you to develop and progress
- Walking distance from train station and public transport options
- Onsite staff parking
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY NOW button and complete the online application form where you will need to upload your resume.
Applications must be submitted by 5pm Thursday 17 November 2022.
‘Early applications are encouraged’
Please find the link to access the position description below: Position Description DSW (6).pdf
Please note, Able Australia is an inclusive equal opportunity employer and is compliant with public health orders regarding the COVID-19 Vaccine. You must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position.
Employment is conditional upon screening checks throughout employment, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: International Police Check (if applicable), NDIS Worker Screening Check and Right to Work in Australia.
If you have any further questions regarding the position or need to find out more, get in touch with Careers@ableaustralia.org.au