Disability Support Worker - Casual - Ipswich QLD
Job no: 493791
Work type: Casual
Location: Ipswich Area
Categories: Residential Services, After Hours, TAC
Are you passionate about making a real difference in the lives of people living with disability?
Able Australia is a leading provider of disability services across Tasmania, Victoria, the ACT and South East Queensland. For over 50 years we have been delivering innovative support services to people with multiple disabilities and deafblindness. As a registered provider of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), our vision is to enable the people we support to live the life they choose.
Committed to the values of Trust, Respect, Excellence and Kindness, we provide high quality supports that reflect evidence-based best practice. We strive to ensure our clients live better days, every day.
More about the role
This role is suitable for enthusiastic and caring individuals who takes a person-centered approach when supporting people with disability. You will be empathetic, patient and passionate about supporting others to achieve their life goals.
In this role, you will be providing active support to people with disabilities, within their home and out in the community to develop independence and friendships. This includes supporting and encouraging clients to participate in a range of day-to-day activities based on their hobbies, interests and goals set within their NDIS support plans. While performing the duties of this role, you will be respectful of their culture, privacy and dignity.
Skills and experience required to be successful in this role
- Available to be rostered for flexible hours/shifts, including weekend rosters and sleepovers. (Minimum 3-4 shifts per week)
- Experience working in the Disability or Aged Care sector.
- Medication administration experience.
- Manual handling experience.
- Experience working with clients who display challenging behaviours.
- Intermediate computer skills (i.e.: using Microsoft Outlook, documentations in a client management tool/CRM).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written including an ability to write clear client case notes.
- Current Australian driver’s license.
- Record of a National Police Check (issued less than 6 months ago) or a willingness to obtain one.
- Record of a current First Aid / CPR Certificate or a willingness to obtain one.
- A relevant qualification in Disability, Aged Care, Individual Support, Allied Health, Mental Health or working towards it.
- Experience supporting those with mental health issues and/or trauma informed practice will be highly regarded.
- Training Certificate - Recognise Healthy Body Systems (HLTAAP001) and Assist Clients with Medications (HLTHPS006).
- Experience using Carelink+ or a similar client management tool.
- Auslan qualifications will be highly regarded.
Benefits of joining Able Australia
- Opportunity to work for a growing organisation that demonstrates industry leadership.
- Access to AbleRewards, our new benefits, recognition and wellness program
- Training and professional development opportunities to grow your career.
- Warm, caring and genuinely supportive team environment including a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program.
- Attractive Salary packaging benefits in addition to above award rates (25% loading for casual staff).
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY NOW button and complete the online application form. You will need to upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this job along with your skills and experience.
Applications must be submitted by Friday 16th December at 5.00pm
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon screening checks throughout employment. If you have any particular question regarding the position or need to find out more, get in touch with Christine Warren - Snr Talent Acquisition Business Partner at email@example.com
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend