Expression of Interest – Disability Support Worker – Launceston locations
We have a variety of upcoming casual opportunities to join Able Australia as a Disability Support Worker, in both Hobart and Launceston. By submitting your application here you are entering a talent pool and we will contact you if a suitable role becomes available, in accordance with your skill set.
About Able Australia
Able Australia is a leading provider of disability services across Tasmania, Victoria, the ACT and South East Queensland. For over 50 years we have been delivering innovative support services to people with multiple disabilities and deafblindness. As a registered provider of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), our vision is to enable the people we support to live the life they choose.
Committed to the values of Trust, Respect, Excellence and Kindness, we provide high quality supports that reflect evidence-based best practice. We strive to provide the best quality care in a long-term partnership with our clients and their loved ones, achieving ‘Better Days Every Day’.
About the role
As a Disability Support Worker, you will be providing active support to people with disabilities, within their home or out in the community to develop independence and friendships. This includes supporting and encouraging clients to participate in a range of day-to-day activities based on their hobbies, interests and goals set within their NDIS support plans. While performing the duties of this role, you will be respectful of their culture, privacy and dignity.
Skills and experience required to be successful in this role:
- Available to be rostered for flexible hours/shifts, including school hours, weekend rosters and sleepovers (Minimum 3-4 shifts per week)
- Intermediate computer skills, for example: using Microsoft Outlook, using a client management tool (CRM)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written, including an ability to write clear case notes
- Current Australian driver’s licence
- Proof of a cleared Working with Vulnerable People Check, with NDIS clearance as required.
- Proof of a current First Aid Certificate or a willingness to obtain.
- A relevant qualification in Disability, Aged Care, Individual Support, Allied Health, Mental Health or currently undertaking studies
- Relevant experience in the Disability sector or similar
- Experience supporting those with mental health issues and/or trauma informed practice will be highly regarded
- Training Certificate - Recognise Healthy Body Systems (HLTAAP001) and Assist Clients with Medications (HLTHPS006) will be highly regarded
- Experience using Carelink+ or a similar client management tool
- Auslan qualifications will be highly regarded
Benefits of joining Able Australia:
- Opportunity to work for a growing organisation that demonstrates industry leadership
- Flexible shifts across our residential and community services within the South-Eastern region offering excellent work/life balance
- Training and professional development opportunities to grow your career
- Warm, caring and genuinely supportive team environment including a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Attractive Salary packaging benefits
How to apply
If you would like to join the Able Australia team, please click on the APPLY NOW button and complete the online application form. You will need to upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this job along with your skills and experience. By submitting your application here you are entering a talent pool and we will contact you if a suitable role becomes available.
Please click the following link to access the position description : DSW Position Description - Tasmania.pdf
Please note, Able Australia is an inclusive equal opportunity employer and is compliant with public health orders regarding the COVID-19 Vaccine. You must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position.
Employment is conditional upon screening checks throughout employment, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: International Police Check (if applicable), NDIS Worker Screening Check, Right to Work in Australia, and current professional registration.
If you have any further questions regarding the position or need to find out more, get in touch with Yvette Hyde, Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner at Careers@ableaustralia.org.au