National Manager - People and Culture
Job no: 493825
Work type: Permanent
Location: Melbourne, National Office - Surrey Hills
Categories: Human Resources, HR Functions, Recruitment, Learning & Development, IR
ABOUT ABLE AUSTRALIA
Established 50 years ago Able Australia have grown from providing help to the deafblind community, into an innovative and diverse organisation with varied service offerings. Our mission is to build on our heritage and empower the individuals we support to reach their potential and live the life they choose.
We strive to provide quality services through establishing long term partnerships with our clients, their families and friends. Committed to the values of Trust, Respect, Excellence and Kindness, we provide high quality supports that reflect evidence-based best practice. We strive to ensure our clients live ‘better days every day’.
Our passionate staff and volunteers have been proudly helping those we support to reach their full potential. We currently provide services in Melbourne, Tasmania, ACT and SE Queensland
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are excited to announce the opportunity for an experienced National Manager, People and Culture, to join the National Management Team at Able Australia. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the National Manager P&C will lead, mentor, and develop a high performing team capable of proactively partnering with the business to provide generalist human resource support and advice to ensure optimum effectiveness.
This position is responsible for operational human resources, including developing and implementing initiatives that support an employee oriented and high-performance culture with an emphasis on empowerment, quality, productivity, achievement, and continuous improvement.
We are keen to hear from you if you possess the following:
- Sound knowledge of legislative frameworks applicable to employment arrangements
- Relevant HR experience, skills and qualifications with the ability to apply a range of management styles and strategies
- Knowledge and experience in strategic and operational Human Resources requirements including recruitment/retention, industrial / employee relations, safety, employee engagement and development
- Ability to develop effective working relationships and demonstrate collaborative approaches with a broad range of stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight timeframes
- High level written and spoken communication skills, including demonstrated ability to coach and be a subject matter expert
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with HR systems
- Degree in Human Resources, Employment Law or related discipline
- Working knowledge of the disability or health sector is advantageous but not essential
For further information regarding the role and its requirements, please refer to the position description attached: ABLE Position Description National Manager PC January 2023 (1).pdf
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible working conditions offering work/life balance
- Job stability within a growing organisation
- Dynamic, positive team environments where your ideas matter
- Attractive Not for Profit Salary Packaging Benefits
- Opportunity to travel interstate
- Able Rewards program offering discounts to a variety of retailers
Please click on the APPLY NOW button and complete the online application form. You will need to upload your resume, cover letter and address the essential skills as per the position description.
Applications must be submitted by COB 5.00pm Sunday 12th February 2023.
For any questions or more information please contact Yvette Hyde on 0448 878 714 Yvette.Hyde@ableaustralia.org.au.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position.. As part of the Able Australia’s recruitment and selection process, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National Police Check, International Police Check (if applicable), NDIS Worker Screening Check, Right to Work in Australia, and current professional registration
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend