Program Lead - Lifestyle Choices East
Job no: 492328
Work type: Permanent
Categories: In-home care, Community Access, Technology, Day Services
- Permanent Full-time position based in Eastern and South-Eastern suburbs
- Growing organisation
- Salary Packaging
ABOUT ABLE AUSTRALIA
Established 50 years ago Able Australia have grown from providing help to the deafblind community, into an innovative and diverse organisation with varied service offerings. Our mission is to build on our heritage and empower the individuals we support to reach their potential and live the life they choose. We achieve this through living our values of trust, kindness, respect and excellence every day. We strive to provide quality services through establishing long term partnerships with our clients, their families and friends; achieving ‘Better Days Every Day’.
Able Australia’s strong and purposeful growth agenda also aims to extend our services to support more people with a disability to achieve ‘better days every day’.
Our passionate staff and volunteers have been proudly helping those we support to reach their full potential. We currently provide services in Melbourne, Tasmania, ACT and SE Queensland.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced leader to support our staff providing a range of person centred support services, within our Day Service facilities and throughout the wider Victorian community.
Clients receiving support from Lifestyle Choices have a range of physical, sensory, intellectual and psychiatric disabilities. The primary responsibilities of Program Leader include ensuring that individualised plans are developed for our participants, plans are reviewed and implemented in a manner designed to meet the emotional, social and cognitive needs of the people we support.
The Program Leader helps to foster a culture committed to continuous improvement of the Able Australia work environment and provides additional administration support to the Community Service Lead.
To be considered for this position you must meet below selection criteria:
- Certificate IV in Disability services, or related sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Person Centred Planning and Active Support principles
- Experience within the disability services sector, leading the team of support workers
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate complex instructions and information to a range of stakeholders (written and verbal communication)
- Excellent time management and prioritising skills
- Experience administering and supervising the administration of client medication
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity to make a real impact on people of all abilities
- Dynamic, positive team environments where your ideas matter
- Attractive Not For Profit Salary Packaging Benefits
- Training and professional development opportunities to build your career
Please click on the "APPLY" button and complete the online application form. You will need to upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this job along with your skills and experience against the selection criteria’s listed above. To download position desciption for this role click HERE.
Application close - 9:00am - Monday, 25 January 2021.
Have any questions? Please contact Coco Qian, Community Services Lead (during the business hours 9-5pm) on 0407 867 552.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon screening checks throughout the employment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend