Casual Disability Support Worker - Point Cook
Job no: 492373
Work type: Casual
Categories: Residential Services
Are you passionate about making a real difference in the lives of people living with disability?
Able Australia is a leading provider of disability services across Tasmania, Victoria, the ACT and South East Queensland. For over 50 years we have been delivering innovative support services to people with multiple disabilities and deafblindness. As a registered provider of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), our vision is to enable the people we support to live the life they choose.
Committed to the values of Trust, Respect, Excellence and Kindness, we provide high quality supports that reflect evidence-based best practice. We strive to ensure our clients live better days, every day.
More about the role
This role is suitable for an enthusiastic and caring individual who takes a person-centred approach when supporting people with disability. You will be empathetic, patient and passionate about supporting others to achieve their life goals.
In this role, you will be providing active support to people with disabilities, within their home and out in the community to develop independence and friendships. This includes supporting and encouraging clients to participate in a range of day-to-day activities based on their hobbies, interests and goals set within their NDIS support plans. While performing the duties of this role, you will be respectful of their culture, privacy and dignity.
Skills and experience required to be successful in this role
- Available to be rostered for flexible hours/shifts, including weekend rosters and sleepovers. (Minimum 3-4 shifts per week)
- Experience working in the Disability or Aged Care sector.
- Intermediate computer skills (ie: using Microsoft Outlook, documentations in a client management tool/CRM).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written including an ability to write clear client case notes.
- Current Australian driver’s licence.
- Record of a National Police Check (issued less than 6 months ago) or a willingness to obtain one.
- Record of a current First Aid Certificate or a willingness to obtain one.
- A relevant qualification in Disability, Aged Care, Individual Support, Allied Health, Mental Health or working towards it.
- Experience supporting those with mental health issues and/or trauma informed practice will be highly regarded.
- Training Certificate - Recognise Healthy Body Systems (HLTAAP001) and Assist Clients with Medications (HLTHPS006).
- Experience using Carelink+ or a similar client management tool.
- Auslan qualifications will be highly regarded.
Benefits of joining Able Australia
- Opportunity to work for a growing organisation that demonstrates industry leadership.
- Flexible shifts across our residential and community services within the Point Cook region offering excellent work/life balance.
- Training and professional development opportunities to grow your career.
- Warm, caring and genuinely supportive team environment including a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program.
- Attractive Salary packaging benefits in addition to above award rates (25% loading for casual staff).
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY NOW button and complete the online application form. You will need to upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this job along with your skills and experience. You will be requested to upload a copy of your Working with Vulnerable People card (TAS & ACT) / Yellow Card (QLD) and Australian driver’s licence.
Applications must be submitted by 5pm May 5th, 2021
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon screening checks throughout employment. If you have any particular question regarding the position or need to find out more, please email email@example.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend