Are you looking for a senior role within the Disability sector? Do you want to work for an organisation that values staff development and training? If the answer is yes, this could be the opportunity just for you!
ABOUT ABLE AUSTRALIA
Able Australia is a leading provider of disability services across Tasmania, Victoria, the ACT and South East Queensland. For over 50 years we have been delivering innovative support services to people with multiple disabilities and deafblindness. As a registered provider of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), our vision is to enable the people we support to live the life they choose.
Committed to the values of Trust, Respect, Excellence and Kindness, we provide high quality supports that reflect evidence-based best practice. We strive to ensure our clients live better days, every day.
About the role
With a strong focus on customer service, business development, quality improvement, financial performance and workforce management, you will be an integral member of the Able Australia Management Team.
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, working with a team of Area Managers, the role will manage and expand our NDIS services across Tasmania to deliver consistent, high quality service provision with a strong client service culture.
The Area Manager Tasmania is responsible for delivery and continuous improvement of high-quality person-centered service to clients aligned to Able Australia’s Vision, Mission and Values.
Key focus areas for this role include:
- Service Excellence
- People Leadership and Management
- Business & Financial Management
- Risk & Workplace Health & Safety
- Incident Management
- Quality & Continuous Improvement
- You will have sound understanding of NDIS and how to best maximise outcomes for clients
- Your experience within the disability/relevant NFP sector will be key to supporting the delivery of quality programs
- You will be an expert in developing and managing high performance teams and positively leading successful change
- You will have well-developed communication skills and able to understand and manage financial budgets
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in disability services, management, age-care, special education or health services
- Working knowledge of the disability or mental health sector or related field
- Demonstrated experience in service management and coordination and delivery of disability service programs.
- Sound leadership and management skills.
- Experience in NDIS Client Planning and rostering or like activities in another sector.
- Ability to analyse, monitor and report financial data and information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly resilient and can lead and deliver outcomes in an ambiguous and changing environment,
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Collaborative decision maker with strong customer focus.
- High level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite and Client Record Management (CRM)tools
- Current Australian driver’s licence.
For further information regarding the role and its responsibilities, please refer to the position description: Area Manager TAS Position Description.pdf
At Able Australia we offer:
- Opportunity to work for a growing organisation that demonstrates industry leadership
- Training and professional development opportunities to grow your career
- Warm, caring and genuinely supportive team environment including a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Attractive salary packaging benefits
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY NOW button and complete the online application form. You will need to upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this job along with your skills and experience. You will be requested to upload a copy of your NDIS Worker Screening Check (if available) or Working with Vulnerable People Check and your Tasmanian Drivers Licence.
Applications must be submitted by COB 5.00pm Friday 22 July 2022.
Early applications are encouraged.
Please note, Able Australia is an inclusive equal opportunity employer and is compliant with public health orders regarding the COVID-19 Vaccine. You must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon screening checks throughout employment.
As part of the Able Australia’s recruitment and selection process, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National Police Check, International Police Check (if applicable), NDIS Worker Screening Check or WWVP/Yellow Card, Right to Work in Australia, and current professional registration.
For any questions or more information please contact Yvette Hyde on mobile 0448 878 714 or Yvette.Hyde@ableaustralia.org.au